November 23, 2009 § 16 Comments
After what seems like an eternity, a tag has come my way at last! 😀 This one is from Nita 🙂 It is the wish list tag 🙂
I am debating whether I should do this one seriously or to do a fun one, but an amalgam should be better? 😛
1) Write, write and keep writing. And not just poetry, I want to try some fiction/ prose too. I have been planning to start writing books for long, have the stories in mind, but well, prose demands things which poetry doesn’t. And yes I have an idea for a drama script too. The idea, the substance everything clear, but then, exams in 5 months- ugh!
It is not just about getting published or something. For a while, I did think that trying to get published was a good goal, but then realized that it was quite futile. Every time I pick up the pen/sit in front of the screen to write, it is about me. It is a journey, into myself and that is what is important.
2) Act. I love acting. And I don’t mind playing parts which others might not be willing to do. I think this is something that every writer will like to do. When you can construct characters, you can play them as well. As I said, I want to write that script and hopefully I am able to do it 🙂
i)CA:- That’s what I am doing right now. The course demands the use of your head, so it is not at all bad. Only thing though, I need to start studying more 😛
ii) Economics:- This is a subject which has always intrigued me. One reason might be that, the subject doesn’t demand much “studying” as such, it is based on understanding. After I finish CA I might be doing something related to economics(hopefully).
4) Societal goals:- I believe education is the key. Education as in everything and anything that helps nurture a person(In this respect, blogging I will say has played a part in my education). So I intend to do something in those lines, maybe start an education institution.
5) Travelling and photography:- This is something which I want to do, explore the world. Of course it will help if I can someone who is willing to travel along with me 😉 I love taking photos( does it really matter how good or bad I really am 😛 ) ,so yes hopefully I can shoot something worth while.
6) Designing:- Maybe not my natural forte, but then again, I like trying to do creative things 🙂 SO hopefully I can get to do some serious designing.
7) Music:- Well want to concentrate more on violin and tabla 😛 Music is magic. Whether you listen or play, it does take you on a wonderful ride 🙂
8) Nothing:- Discover how people can do “nothing” and from there learn more about the human mind 😛
9) Languages:- I want to learn Sanskrit and Latin 🙂 These two because, I want to read for myself, how our ancestors thought. Much has been derived from what’s written in these two languages and I would like to read and find out for myself 🙂
10) Football:- This is something which very dear to me, Second only to writing. The game’s got something about it. Who knows maybe I can own a team in the future? 😛
11) Carpe Diem:- Of all the above thing, this is the one. 😀 😉
Anyway hopefully the future holds something good 🙂 I never write down my ambitions, goals etc, some how hate seeing them on paper. These things form a very small fraction of what I want to do. But then achieving is not merely having the desire, but then having the ability to fulfil your desires.
I like to think that the future is going to hold what I want it to hold. And yes, I avoided, talking about love, rather deliberately 😉 We will see 🙂 And now I pass on this tag to:-
January 3, 2009 § 14 Comments
Seems like I am stuck in ’08.But after all,it was the year when I moved to wordpress and started YU! .Before I start seeing towards the top left corner,I got another award 🙂
This one is from Hiphopgmom.
Google translator tells me that it means , ” darts award”.I haven’t played darts in a long time,anyway,I pass this on to,
Chirag:-He uses a lot of bullets in his posts 🙂
Destination Infinity– You can pass this on to infinite people 🙂
Lakshmi:-She darts around the country,taking photos and finding out about places.
Leafless:- Another blog which not many people are aware of.Poetry and arts 🙂
So now that the awards ceremony is over and you all have applauded ,it is time to find the best of 2008.I mean the best of my poems.
So here is the link to all my poems ,which is your favorite?
And yes also pick your fav cartoon from here and your fav sketch(if you liked any of them) from the page my skecthes 1-5. 🙂
Or if you didn’t like any of the posts from the above catogories,tell me which was your favorite 🙂
Thanks for helping me do this,I shall add a new page called best of ’08 🙂 (if all of you take part in it).
December 19, 2008 § 21 Comments
Well i am forced to do this right now 😛 Actually i started doing this at about 1,but then felt too sleepy and by the time I rise and shine again5 more words have been added to the list.
Rules are the simplest form of planning my text book says,so let me finish the simplest thing first ,the rules are:-
1)NO Katrina Kaif and Akshay Kumar.
2)No Shipla Shetty or that fellow who sang Tandoori nights.
3) NO protagonist obscenities or vulgar language,this is not fourth standard for you to call others bastards,don’t corrupt innocent adults.
4) NO making fun of shoes,as they are the holy things reserved for the biggest jacks who spoil the show.
5) Only English is allowed.Breath,speak and talk and dream in English.
6) You can send pictures of you posing in front of the Taj Mahal,even if you have not visited it,but you have to send pictures to people.
7)Not using photoshop is a crime.You shall be booked under which ever law,the government decides to come up with,for terrorism.
8)You cannot pay bribes.But you can black mail others and collect it-flipside.
9)You have to apply your aesthetical cognition and no juxtaposing and out of context commenting,if you are given a balerina,just draw Cristiano Ronaldo.
Well I think that should be the rules ,but still,keeping with the blogging code of conduct,least I have the news channels after me 😉
- You must use all the five words given to you by your tagger and draw pictures using paint or GIMP or any other photo editing tool.
- Each picture must be self explanatory when you relate it to the given word.
- Each word MUST have at least one picture attributed to it.
- You have to draw them yourself. No suggestions from a second person.
- You need to pass it on to other people with a fresh set of 5 words.
So let me start of with Manushi’s words,as she was the one to tag me first 🙂
Next Vimal’s 5:-
And finally Apar’s 5:-
Light:-This is the only one which is not a sketch!
At last done! More than an hour gone!So now to the best part,I get to tag people.Of course most of ’em have done it,so let me find people who haven’t.I am looking forward to the skecthes,as all these people whom i am going to tag are my favorites(ha,but only you people haven’t done it yet!),i.e.(not internet explorer) ,the first blogs I read as soon as i open my reader(not in any particular order 😛 )
Dinesh:-Movie,Bull fighting, Hero,Girl and Love.
Nita:- Pune,journal,expression,politics and balance.
Prerna:-Politician,Art,perfection,equilibrium and knowledge.
Gounder Brownie(and you better do this one !):- Communist,Shakespeare,Gounder,Gender and language.
Priya(you did say you might 😉 ):Boys,displacement,reactions,calculus and friends.
SF:-English,Elephant,cars,life and joy.
and one for seven,
Anshul:- Microsoft,short cuts,development,earth and pollution.
Its a long,long,long,long post!Ha,I look forward to the skecthes!